Just waiting for new rings to arrive. In preparation for a long trip, I decided to pull the heads off to see why she was smoking a bit. It turns out the oil scraper ring was broken on the LHS. While it’s been apart I got Headworks to put some new valves in, a guide where needed and fit some guide seals. (Not standard).
Pity the rings didn’t arrive as we had the day off for Anzac day, I could have had her all back together and running. Still, I can’t say I’m keen for a road test in this weather! I’m pleased to report that motorcycle engine parts are resting safely in their second home – the kitchen!