Note to self: Time is not on your side!
I thought I’d make a little list of all the things that need sorting before I can leave. It goes a little something like this:
· Visas (Kazakhstan, Russia and Belarus in the main)
· Carnet en Douane / de passage
· International License
· Travel insurance
· Health insurance
· Motor insurance
· Spares for the bike (cables, inner tubes, tools, points, coil, bulbs)
· First aid kit
· Dangerous Goods Certificate
· Crating and Air Freighting
It sounds like a lot but it’s all doable, just! The biggest job is the travel visas, which are causing me a bit of a headache. Some visas are granted in 7 working days (good), but are only valid for 30 days from the date of issue (bad). That means I effectively have to apply for them while en-route, but I won’t have a permanent address at the time. Kind of a catch 22 situation!
I’m sure there’s an answer, I’ll start by asking the universe (Google!). Watch this space.