Conrod to make.

Standard

It’s been a while since I updated the blog, mostly because not much has happened recently. Well, plenty of thinking but it’s hard to take a photo of that! Bob has been busy drawing Issue 2 of the plans, which I now have scanned in.

Graham has been on holiday so we can’t access the engine, and we haven’t finished making a new spanner yet anyway. On that, Nick has been busy with his rotary table as we’re planning to make the next spanner a different way.

I’ve been holding off spending big money until I know I can get all the parts, but I figured £40 for some 6082 aluminium to make a conrod was ok. Nick was planning to make the outside on his machine, but research into cutting speeds has lead us to abandon that idea.

Back to old school millers in Bob’s shed then! Luckily Nick has done some homework and worked out how we can do this. What a clever bloke! I’ll be taking these calculations round to Bob’s later.

About Sophie Whiptank - aka Bart

I'm just a bloke doing some stuff, the more interesting bits I post on my blog. Scroll down far enough and you'll see me riding from Melbourne Australia to Birmingham, England in 2014. But now I'm working on another project, a single cylinder motorbike engine at 2750cc!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s