It’s been a cold few weeks and busy at work recent, so shed time has been limited. I finally got a couple of hours in yesterday and set about furnishing the mounting plate for a gearbox jig.
I want to be able to spin the torque converter and see what readings I get from the sensors on the box. I also want to check the direction of rotation as I have a nasty feeling it’ll be opposite to what I want.
I have a few old sets of sprockets from the mighty KLR650, a byproduct of all those miles I’ve put on it. So i have a borrowed electric motor spinning a rear sprocket, driving through an adapter plate I’ve just welded up. I’ve had no training on how to weld, but it looks pretty good in my book. I’m happy with that!
From a welding inspector, it looks acceptable.